Ever been confused by your municipal statement? Or simply worried that you may not read or interpret the entries on it correctly? Let us help you!
1. Contact numbers for queries or errors relating to this statement.
2. Date on which statement was printed. Cash payments made after this date or EFT payments made less than 2 working days before this date will NOT appear on this statement.
3. Your municipal account number. NB: Use this as reference for electronic payments.
4. Overdue balance brought forward from your previous statement.
5. Payment received since the previous statement date.
6. Interest charged on the overdue balance as at the date (03/07) the new services billed on this account, taking into account the balance brought forward, as well as payments received up to the billing date. Interest is charged from the due date of the previous statement at the prescribed rate of interest (currently 10.25%).
7. Pre-paid electricity meter installed on the property, in respect of which account is rendered. This does not relate to the postal address.
8. Contact numbers to use in order to provide correct meter number, should meter number on the statement be incorrect.
9. Arrears, inclusive of current balance.
10. This amount is payable IMMEDIATELY and not by the due date indicated in the right hand yellow block.
11. Current account and due date by which it is payable (does NOT include the arrear balance).